Ronald McDonald House Charities of Erie has been McDonald’s “charity of choice” for 24 years.
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation, but a large portion of our funds comes from the very generous support of local McDonald’s restaurants and Owner/Operators. The remainder of our annual operating income comes from the generosity of individual and corporate donors.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchisees partner with us for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Owner/Operators participate on our board of directors.
RMHC Donation Boxes hosted in restaurants are our largest source of ongoing fundraising.
- In-restaurant sales of USA Today are all donated to RMHC.
- McDonald’s conducts an annual McHappy Day and other in-store fundraisers.
Although McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor, no company can solely fund RMHC programs. We need the support of the entire community and greatly value any support you can afford to RMHC of Erie, whether it’s through cash donations, your time or fundraising efforts.